[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Upgrading Apache to 2.4

Eduardo Machado eduardo.machado at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:23:27 EDT 2014

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Sebastiaan Lokhorst
> <sebastiaanlokhorst at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for taking the effort to finally update Apache!
> >
> > When trying to start Apache with PHP, I get the same error as Rene.
> >
> > Just to be clear, what is the recommended way to run Apache+PHP now? Will
> > mod_php5 will still be supported?
>
> Ok, it seems that main source of questions is php-apache package that
> causes "Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP Module is not
> compiled to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile PHP." error at
> apache start.
>
> The answer is that you need to switch apache MPM from default
> mod_mpm_event to slower but mod_php-compatible mod_mpm_prefork.  See
> more information in at wiki page
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP#Troubleshooting
> BTW kudos to our users who already updated wiki for Apache2.4!
>
> And of course anyone is welcome to create a threadsafe version of
> php-apache in AUR so it can be used with mpm_event.

I was studying the php package to build an php fully compatible with apache
2.4.
I understand that php is the base package and the others are split packages
(many)...

So, would you know if it is necessary to rebuilt all the php packages or
only the php-apache?
Thanks in advance.

A question, i saw some references [1] that the apache MPM can be
"dinamically" changed. Is it true in Arch?

[1] http://kb.parallels.com/en/113007