[arch-general] tap device

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:55:51 EDT 2014

> After I saw that systemd-nspawn now has more network isolation features
> I just used the setup I had.
>
> It's possible this is overkill for what I want but it was the solution I
> came up with at the time.

Same same here. I have been a long time user of libvirt for VM, and I
decided to have a look to the container story.
I first tried libvirt-lxc, but configuring C group was a pain. So I jumped
to the nspawn wagon as the guest OS setting seemed to me so obvious.
I lost myself with the network story because of my lack of knowledge in
this field.
But now I learned lot about virtual network and devices, and that's what I
am expecting from Linux, and Arch: learn.
The fastest is running Ubuntu with Virtual Box, but it is not my approach.