[arch-general] tap device

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:09:42 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 12 Mar 2014 16:01:00 arnaud gaboury wrote:
> See my previous post : I want to learn. Then, the container will one day be
> a production server. So my idea is to test now everything, then take a
> snapshot and build a prod server with much more complicated network
> services and settings.

OK yeah, that's also a good reason :)

In that case, I'm curious to find out if you find that setting the host0 interface up in
the container also brings the vb-dahlia interface up on the host?

I think it would be best-practice to set the network configuration inside the
container, if possible. That way, you can move the container from host to host
without needing to perform any additional configuration on each host other than
starting the container. After all, the container's IP is related to the container, not to
the host, so it makes sense for its configuration to live with the container.

Paul