[arch-general] Zramswap for /tmp

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:50:36 EDT 2014

On 13-03-2014 12:06, Simon Perry wrote:
> On 13/03/14, Mauro Santos wrote:
>
> | I have had it enabled for a while and I haven't yet seen any nasty crash
> | due to it. Hibernation also works fine and seems to go faster than
> | without zswap.
>
> How much RAM do you have?
>
> zram is probably solving a problem you don't have.
>
> Enable it on a VPS that has 256MB RAM (which is supposed to be its use
> case) and get back to me.

Right now 4G and every so often I do need to use swap, for example when
I run a VM with windows, another with arch, plus a container with centos
where I run some proprietary eda tools and matlab, not to mention all
the other stuff I have running on the host.

But I have to agree that it can't compare with a system with only 256MB
of ram.

--
Mauro Santos