[arch-general] creating an archlinux usb key with persistence

Temlin Olivér temlin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:11:53 EDT 2014

On Mar 13, 2014 2:56 PM, "Mark Lee" <mark at markelee.com> wrote:

> Salutations,
>
> Do you know how stable F2FS is (the Phoronix benchmarks don't tell us
> anything about data permanence)?
>
> Regards,
> Mark

A quick search for 'samsung phone data loss' comes up only with undeleting
methods and a virus. Since Samsung uses F2FS for some time on their phones,
I'd expect data permanence will not be much of a problem.
But after using btrfs on an ssd for a year and some, I'd suggest that also,
but take care not to fill the disk up too much, as btrfs ondemand
optimization will slow down your machine with low free space.

- -Oliver Temlin