[arch-general] user management error

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 18 07:30:34 EDT 2014

PS:

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 10:28 +0000, message wrote:
>  No, the system does not start as root.

You can't login as user, you log in as root. There seems to be a serious
language barrier between you and the Arch community.

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 10:41 +0000, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> If that's no good, can you show us the relevant line in /etc/passwd

cat /etc/passwd

However, what exactly do you do?

You boot into Arch Linux, then you are asked to type "root" or "a" and
after that you are asked to type the password for "root" or user "a"
right?

Please in detail describe what you're doing and what happens.

I assume we are talking about tty, no display manager is involved?