[arch-general] When change tty1 the locale change

Maykel Franco maykeldebian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:42:04 EDT 2014

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Maykel Franco <maykeldebian at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > root at arch-maykel /home/maykel/backup/ # cat /etc/locale.conf
> > LANG=es_ES.utf8
> >
> > Thanks again.
>
> What's the output of 'localectl'?
>

> > when I change the tty1, for example, the locale language change to
> english.
>
> How exactly did you check it?

root at arch-maykel /home/maykel/backup/ # localectl
   System Locale: LANG=es_ES.utf8
       VC Keymap: n/a
      X11 Layout: n/a

Check it:

Ctrl + alt + f1 , for example:

And locale:

root at arch-maykel /home/maykel/backup/ # locale
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

If exec same command in tty1 with cntrl + at + f1 the result is the same.

In tty2, tty3...the result is the same. The language locale change to
english...I don't now why??

Thanks again.