[arch-general] Configuring enabled services

Emil Lundberg lundberg.emil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 20:47:40 EDT 2014

That is correct, when you call `systemctl enable foo.unit` then the
[Install] section of the unit file is "executed". "Static" means that
the unit has no [Install] section, meaning it is permanently
enabled/disabled as far as the systemctl enable/disable tool is
concerned. Other than pulling themselves in when other units start, a
unit can also symlink another unit name to itself using the Alias=
option, and specify other units to enable/disable as a group using the
Also= option.