[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Trimming down our default kernel configuration

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:49:23 EDT 2014

On Thursday 27 Mar 2014 09:07:23 Nicolas Iooss wrote:
> c) Create a package ("linux-src"?) which install the kernel sources
> and provides an easy way to customize the config before making the packages
> (with pkgbuild). Currently linux-grsec AUR package provides this feature by
> using the MENUCONFIG environment variable [5].

One of my machines requires a patched kernel, but I've never felt the need for a linux-src
package. I use Yaourt as an ABS client, but there are others available:

# yaourt -G linux
# cd linux
--- do patching ---
# makepkg

The PKGBUILD even contains instructions on how to tweak the configuration, if I
remember correctly.

Paul