[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Trimming down our default kernel configuration

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:17:51 EDT 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:17:25 +0100
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 26.03.2014 21:31, schrieb Leonid Isaev:
> > On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:00:15 +0100
> > Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> >> Once yama is built-in, the ptrace_scope protection is enabled by
> >> default. There is no option to change that.
> >>

> > But by default, kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0
>
> No. The default is 1.

Yes, you are right, I was speaking from the old memory... If this causes
problems and a default sysctl.d/ conf file is not desired, then I guess, Yama
can go away as well.

Does this discussion also apply to the -lts kernel?

Thanks,
--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key fingerprint: C0DF 20D0 C075 C3F1 E1BE  775A A7AE F6CB 164B 5A6D