[arch-general] My Apache Sever Compromised?

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 22:45:35 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm seeing some very strange behavior from my Apache web server, and
>> I'm afraid it may have been compromised. Every time I start it, my
>> router is saturated with the maximum number of connections it can
>> handle, and my access_log starts filling with lines like:
>
> Start whatever HTTP server in place of Apache, and see if you still get
> these requests by analyzing their access.logs. Then you will know if you
> really get these requests or they are fake.

Thanks for the idea. I had just been approaching it from the idea of
trying to figure out what was going on with Apache. I installed, and
started Nginx, and sure enough, it started getting blown up with those
requests. Now, I guess I have to figure out why on earth those
requests would be coming to my humble home web server.