[arch-general] Installing Archlinux alongside Ubuntu on a Windows 8 UEFI laptop

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:20:24 EDT 2014

I see another level of complexity here, in a statement on a page about
Gummiboot on the wiki:

* Warning: *Gummiboot simply provides a boot menu for EFISTUB kernels. In
case you have issues booting EFISTUB kernels like in
FS#33745<https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/33745>,
you should use a boot loader which does not use EFISTUB, like
GRUB<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB>,
Syslinux <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Syslinux> or
ELILO<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bootloaders#ELILO>
.

Would grub work, using this, or a similar, approach?