[arch-general] Installing Archlinux alongside Ubuntu on a Windows 8 UEFI laptop

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:54:40 EDT 2014

I am now walking through the install step by step.   Initially, it is
suggested (in the Beginner's Guide) to test whether efivars is mounted.  I
ran

mount -t efivarfs efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

And got this message:

mount: mount point /sys.....efivars does not exist.

I don't knolw whether this is good or bad news.
 I tested for UEFI in Windows.  The result was positive.

This is kind of what I mean, that there are so
many shades and variations.