[arch-general] Installing Archlinux alongside Ubuntu on a Windows 8 UEFI laptop

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Thu May 1 20:06:51 EDT 2014

I don't understand what is the entry, or fallback entry, or "run the
entry."   I'm sorry.

I'm going to try again later.  In fact, I may take the undesireable step of
installing from Manjaro or whatever is the shortcut way to install Arch
Linux these days.

On the one hand, I don't care to learn about what's Micro$oft's latest
tortuous trick it has played on the users; and on the other hand, I do
value to learn the nuts and bolts of GNU/Linux.

Thank you very much.  I am willing to give it one more try.  I might even
try to install grub in a partition, as apparently is what Ubuntu has
done.

Thank you again,

Alan Davis