[arch-general] VMware 10.0.2, kernel 3.14.2: recompiling vmware modules modules

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:03:35 EDT 2014

Hi

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina.rakotomandimby at rktmb.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As reported by the forum thread
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1410987 I encounter the same
> problem.
>
> Unfortunately, the topic has been closed because of trolling, but would you
> know a quick workaround (staying with this kernel)?
>
> I need VMware workstation for work too :-)

The issue should be fixed now.

The problem was that kernel 3.14.2 was compiled with gcc 4.9.0 + new
compile flags. You was trying to compile kernel modules with old gcc.
Now gcc 4.9.0 is moved to stable and the problem should be resolved.
Could you please try?