[arch-general] Is ATI more... "compatible"?

Ryan Capote trooper777 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 13:35:24 EDT 2014

AMD cards are not very well supported under Arch. I use an AMD card and
have to use Vi0l0's unofficial repository for the latest catalyst drivers,
as they are not available from the official repository. Occasionally an
update will break the driver and I have to recompile the kernel module.
Other then that, the quality of the drivers is OK. Games run noticeably
smoother in Windows than under Linux, I don't know if that's a driver issue
or games/engine not being optimized under Linux.