[arch-general] Is ATI more... "compatible"?

Temlin Olivér temlin at gmail.com
Sun May 4 09:27:56 EDT 2014

> It will just hand it to the VM (windows) via VGA passthrough (either Xen
or
> KVM will be used).
> Is that impossible to do with my NVidia?
> If it is possible, is it easier with the ATi equivalent?

It was already answered.
You would be handing the PCI device over to windows (since you have another
dedicated to linux), so the make does not matter in this case. If you can
accomplish that with your current card, than chances are you can do it with
any other. What matters is the kernel (and probably motherboard) support
for the passing of raw PCI devices, so a better question would be whether
to use Xen or KVM and on what motherboard.

- -Oliver Temlin