[arch-general] Comment on: Use systemd timers instead of /etc/cron.{hourly, daily, weekly, monthly}?

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:28:48 EDT 2014

On 06/05/14 04:13 PM, Leonid Isaev wrote:

> After re-reading the documentation I have to take this back, systemd timers
> seem to implement all features provided by cronie.

AFAIK, the only notable missing feature is the ability for non-root
users to run jobs when they're not logged in. This is intentionally left
out, and it's not hard for an administrator to replicate the feature
with a timer unit for a specific user allowed to run jobs.

(of course, this isn't really the topic at hand :P)