[arch-general] Shouldn't libperconaserverclient provide and conflict with libmysqlclient?

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:19:10 EDT 2014

When I try to change my database server from mariadb to percona-server
I noticed that libperconaserverclient is going to be installed, but
libmariadbclient isn't going to be removed. When looking further into
the package function of libperconaserverclient [1] I noticed that
libmysqlclient isn't provided nor conflicts with
libperconaserverclient. However, in the package function of
libmariadbclient [2] there are the following lines:

  conflicts=('libmysqlclient')
  provides=("libmysqlclient=$pkgver")

Shouldn't these lines (or something like them) be in
package_libperconaserverclient? If so, I'll file a bug report.

Kind regards,
Marcel

[1] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/percona-server#n73
[2] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/mariadb#n69