[arch-general] GNU IceCat should be in the official repos

Richter Vania richter.vania at yandex.com
Thu May 22 06:05:50 EDT 2014

With Mozilla Firefox implementing DRM in their source code, I think more users - even those who aren't strictly Free Software people - will move to GNU IceCat.

I know that most IceCat users compile it themselves but I compiling it takes a lot of time and a binary package would help those people who don't want to use Mozilla Firefox but still want to keep their browser up-to-date.

I know that Arch isn't particularly aligned politically but I see this matter as practical, many people are going to switch to GNU IceCat if the DRM is implemented.