[arch-general] libpng warning - qt application

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:48:38 EDT 2014

> On 27/05/2014 17:43, Guus Snijders wrote:
>> I'm still curious to know how one can find out which files are opened
>> by any program during startup; strace mainly showed which files could
>> not be found.
>
> Did you make sure to trace children too?
>
> 'strace -f -e trace=open myapp' should do it.

Ahh, I missed the -f option. Thank you.
Trying it, it didn't show the specific file that failed, but did give
some more pointers to look for.

I found out that this message appears when a "QWebview" is started
(python module: pqHelp.py). This appears to be an HTML viewer which
uses exactly one icon (reload).
In the strace logfile there was one mention of opening
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme.
This file appears to just list all available icons.

As a last shot in the dark, i decided to run identify on all files
with "reload" in the name, but the output is similar for all files.

I guess I'd best leave it with that. It was a fun experiment, but alas
not entirely succesful. I got the application working for what I want
to use it for and will have to live with the warning message. No
biggie.

mvg,
    Guus