[arch-general] Recommended reading for Shell expansion mechanism

Alexandre de Verteuil claudelepoisson at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:47:19 EDT 2014

* Bigby James <bigby.james at crepcran.com> [2014-05-30 12:21] :
> If Bash is what you're trying to learn, I'd recommend following Greg's Wiki.[1]
> The section on patterns and globbing has what you're looking for.[2]
>
> [1]: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
> [2]: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide/Patterns

Hi,

I found the Advanced Bash Scripting Guide extremely valuable.
http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

You might be interested in these particular parts :
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/pathmanagement.html
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/globbingref.html

Regards,

--