[arch-general] Where's my locale gone?

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:03:06 UTC 2014

On 3 November 2014 11:36, Mateus Rodrigues Costa <charles.costar at gmail.com>

> Shouldn't you also have the en_US locales available?  Just in case?
> Also, why enable the ISO locales if you can run basically with only the
> UTF-8 ones?

I've tried enabling the en_US locales, and it doesn't help. I suspect the
issues I'm having with console rendering is actually not directly related
to the locale, as I've been able to get en_GB.UTF-8 to show up in LANG now
by disabling the logic in my ZSH profile that was setting the locale
because it was unset. I've no idea how it's set to en_GB.UTF-8 *after* the
ZSH config runs, but that seems to be the case.

I've tried disabling the ISO locale and re-running locale-gen, but that
doesn't help.

My best bet at this stage is that I have a corrupted file somewhere, but
pacman -Qqkk doesn't show up anything obvious. I'd think it was an issue
with a new package version, but as I'm the only one seeing this, I assume
it must be a configuration / corruption issue with my specific system.


More information about the arch-general mailing list