[arch-general] Preferred CHOST

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:56:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so it perhaps should be the default for CHOST, but for packages such
> as Claws mail --build=$(uname -m)-arch-linux-gnu should be ok, while
> CHOST still could be as it is.

Wait, you'd prefer an untrue, nongeneric and revealing value passed in
your mail headers to the generic and truthful representation of your
system?
Go ahead and build the package that way and want to have mail headers
that uniquely reveal your choice linux distribution?
Did you think this through? I mean, yeah, Arch has its benefits, but
I'm not sure security is of no concern at all for it.

cheers!
mar77i