[arch-general] GDM

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:21:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:02:37 +0100
Frank Zimmermann <frank.zimmermann.berlin at freenet.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 12.11.2014, 20:51 +0100 schrieb Armin K.:
>

> > > This is really weird. I've checked on another machine and there
> > > is the possibility to change keyboard layout for GDM in the Gnome
> > > Control Center, but not here!
> > > KR Frank
> > >

> > Do you have IBus installed?
> >

> Now I have without any difference.

Did you set up the keyboard layout by a X config? If not, try this:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/keyboard.conf
Section "InputClass"
       Identifier "keyboard"
       MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
       Option "XkbLayout" "de"
       #Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"

JFTR did you try to log in by "translating" the us keyboard mapping to
the German one? You can search for the correct keys by simply pushing
the keys, when you're ask for the username, chars as e.g. "-" are
somewhere else on a German keyboard.