[arch-general] ca-certificate-utils in testing gives error upon upgrade

Sat Nov 15 04:01:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 05:36 AM, Karol Blazewicz wrote:
> wrote:
> > This happens when I try upgrading, and pacman says that
> > ca-certificates-java needs to be replaced with ca-certificate-utils
>
> Yup:
> :: Replace ca-certificates-java with testing/ca-certificates-utils? [Y/n]
>
> Writing 'ca-certificate-utils in testing' w/o a version number isn't
> helpful.
>

> > error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> > ca-certificates-utils: /etc/ca-certificates/extracted/java/cacerts
> > exists in filesystem
> > ca-certificates-utils:
> > /etc/ca-certificates/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem exists in
> > filesystem
> > Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
> >
> > Should I force it?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers!
> > Savya
>
> ca-certificates-utils-20140923-5 works on my 32-bit Arch, no conflict.
> Did you follow https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=130138 ?

Sorry, it's the same package version. ca-certificates-utils-2014092-5

I get a message asking me if it's okay to replace ca-certificates-java
with testing/ca-certificate-utils and the same error keeps occurring.
Weirdly, though, the files seem orphaned. I never put them there myself,
and I'm quite baffled that no package seems to own them. It's a fairly
new install. Anyway, thanks for the help.

--
Cheers!
Savya