[arch-general] PS: Virtualbox downgrade - Was: FS#41424 - Virtualbox 4.3.14, USB doesn't work flawlessly

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 19:25:16 UTC 2014

Hi Ralf,

> Following upstream when the software is broken IMO doesn't make sense.

Arch Linux policy is to follow upstream whenever it's possible and things generally work.
A bug with USB doesn't mean VirtualBox is broken. Please submit a bug to the upstream, and
use the older version for now.

Arch is not Debian stable. You get fresh packages (a plus), which sometimes may not work
(a minus). It's your choice what you prefer most. I for one have to stay on MESA 10.1.4,
otherwise I'd experience random hangs a few times a day.

IgnorePkg = llvm lib32-llvm lib32-llvm-libs llvm-libs ati-dri lib32-ati-dri mesa
lib32-mesa mesa-libgl lib32-mesa-libgl svga-dri lib32-svga-dri xf86-video-ati

--
Damian Nowak
www.virtkick.io