[arch-general] wireshark-qt 1.12

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 1 19:46:39 UTC 2014

On 1 October 2014 06:54, G. Richard Bellamy <rbellamy at pteradigm.com> wrote:
> When looking at the PKGBUILD for the wireshark split package [1], I
> see that both wireshark-cli and wireshark-gtk use
> "conflicts=(wireshark)" but wireshark-qt does not.
>
> Should it?

Nope.

> The use of "replaces=(wireshark)" is also inconsistent.

Has it given you any real problem? Note that there was a wireshark
package before, and both the -cli and -gtk versions later replaced
that original package. The -qt version is new.

> I'm just wondering if there's some rationale behind the use (or
> non-use) of these functions inside one split package over another, or
> if it's a simple oversight?

This is a technique for replacing packages (you have to conflict at
the same time). Any new packages introduced in the split, such as the
qt one, do not need replacements as they simply did not exist before.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1