[arch-general] Kernel code dump retrieval

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:57:42 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm experiencing an issue while compiling big projects (i.e. linux
kernel but not limited to that). The issue seems to be related to
CPUFREQ and I'm trying to track it down.

While compiling the linux-ck kernel the kernel panics and produce a core
dumps. I'm trying to get the core dump but I'm not able to access it after
hard reset. I tried enabling journalctl Storage=Auto to write to disk without
luck.

My FS is btrfs and the CPU is AMD FX-8120. The CPU is not overclocked
[1] and the Cool And Quiet is enabled alond with other power saving
options in BIOS (like C6 State).

How can I access the kernel core dump after crash?

[1] The memory controller is running at 1866MHz

Thanks,
Leonidas