[arch-general] nm-applet and ethernet

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 13:39:44 UTC 2014

On 17-10-2014 08:32, Florian Pelz wrote:
> On 10/17/2014 08:49 AM, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras wrote:
>> is there any problem with ethernet amd nm-applet ? i cant connect via
>> ethernet
>>

> nm-applet works for me. Why do you mention ethernet -- does wireless
> work for you and ethernet does not? Does "systemctl status -l
> NetworkManager" show helpful information? Have you disabled services
> that compete with NetworkManager, e.g. is there no dhcpcd started
> directly from systemd?

I'm seeing a different behavior from nm-applet but I can't pinpoint
exactly when this started happening. I know this must have happened in
the last week (most probably after yesterday's update).

Previously I could left-click release and the nm-applet menu would stay
open, now I have to left-click and hold otherwise there is no menu.
Apart from this everything seems to work correctly.

--
Mauro Santos