[arch-general] Kernel code dump retrieval

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:35:43 UTC 2014

On 21/10/14, Konstantinos Skarlatos wrote:
> You can always try netconsole
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Netconsole
> It has always managed to capture even the worst kernel panics I have
> ever had, and its pretty easy to setup

Yeah I've asked in btrfs mailing list also as I thought it was
something to do with btrfs and ccache. Got the same answer to
set up the netconsole and grab the kernel panic.

But at the end it was something else:

>> I'll run a Mem stress test. The Corsair Vengeance kit I got suppose to
>> support 1866Mhz through XMP predefined settings - but it's good to
>> validate them.
After trying different stuff I've figured out I hadn't plugin the extra
4-pin to the motherboard for ATX power. It was after all a hardware
issue, and a user specific error!

Thanks for the suggestions though, they are useful for debugging.

Cheers,
Leonidas