[arch-general] stunnel 5.06-1 vs systemd

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Thu Oct 30 03:08:09 UTC 2014

I noticed this today after the systemd update and after I rebooted -
stunnel package fails to create /run/stunnel and so stunnel.service
won't start as it cannot chroot to /var/run/stunnel.

stunnel was updated for me on 10/21 from 5.03 to 5.06. Machine has been
rebooted since then - so it -seems- like a change happened in systemd
which triggered this, but I'm not sure.

Work around is to add these 2 lines to /etc/systemd/system/stunnel.conf
before the ExecStart line:

ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/mkdir /run/stunnel
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown -R stunnel:stunnel /run/stunnel

Probably just a minor package bug.

gene