[arch-general] stunnel 5.06-1 vs systemd

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Thu Oct 30 12:23:58 UTC 2014

On 10/30/2014 02:08 AM, Doug Newgard wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:17:19 -0700
> "Patrick Burroughs (Celti)" <celticmadman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Shouldn't that rather be handled by a tmpfiles.d snippet, and not in
>> the service file?
..
> Yes, tmpfiles is the correct way of handling this and there is already
> a conf file installed by stunnel that should be creating this dir. If
> it's not, the OP needs to look into why.

   1) This has been working fine till yesterday after systemd update to
217-1. I use it every day.

   2) There is a tmpfiles snippet:

# cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/stunnel.conf
d /var/run/stunnel 0770 stunnel stunnel -

  3) So the question now is why was /run/stunnel not created at boot?

  journal only has this reference to tmpfiles:

...systemd[1]: Breaking ordering cycle by deleting job
systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service/start
..setup.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with
basic.target/start

   What else can I look for that would help track down the issue?

   Thanks.
gene