[arch-general] Gnome extensions and the extension site

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Sep 3 05:34:41 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 11:26:37AM +0200, Kevin Halvarsson wrote:
> On 03/09/14 10:16, Magnus Therning wrote:
> >>I had this issue too. I found the "GNOME Shell Integration" extension in
> >>Firefox and changed it from "Ask to activate" to "Always activate" and it
> >>fixed it.
> >Any pointers on how to do that?
> >
> >All instructions I find rely on the plugin actually appearing on the
> >web page so I can click something.  However, the Gnome plugin doesn't.
> >
> >/M
> >
> No, I'm sorry. For me, the plugin was just there after installing the
> "gnome" group.

What do you mean by "there"?

It's in 'about:plugins'  but I find no way to interact with it to set
its "Always active" status.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

The results point out the fragility of programmer expertise: advanced
programmers have strong expectations about what programs should look like,
and when those expectations are violated--in seemingly innocuous
ways--their performance drops drastically.
     -- Elliot Soloway and Kate Ehrlich