[arch-general] Migrating /var to a different partition

Sri Krishna kitchi.srikrishna at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:52:17 EDT 2014

So it seems like the most feasible approach is to boot from CD/USB into
rescue mode, mount var into /mnt, copy the contents of the old var folder
into the new one, add the new one into fstab and reboot.

I guess I should also delete the old var folder. I'll try that in the next
few days and report back on how it went! Hopefully it won't cause my system
to catch fire and explode. :)

Thanks,
Krishna