[arch-general] (no subject)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Sep 7 06:28:56 EDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 12:03 +0200, Eugenio M. Vigo wrote:
> I wanted to run a system update and I've found this warning about
> kdeedu-kig being newer on my system than in the repos.

The package likely moved from AUR to an official repository and for some
reason another version is used.

grep kdeedu-kig /var/log/pacman.log

and assumed you used yaourt, there likely would be a line

[date] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman --color auto -U --asdeps /tmp/yaourt-tmp-*

Or you build a package on your own, before there was a version available
by an Arch repository and you don't remember that you did it. Yu build
something from git and the repository uses the official release from
upstream.

Usually the difference isn't a release version, as it is in your case,
but just a "-2" vs "-1" package version of the same release.