[arch-general] java: cannot execute - too many levels of symbolic links

lolilolicon lolilolicon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:17:13 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM, lolilolicon <lolilolicon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jesus, the java-common package is such a piece of crap. For one, all
> those links should be in the list of its tracked files.

This situation is worth some eye balls; I filed a bug here:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41883

For anyone who have installed the jre* packages, do a `pacman -Qo
/usr/bin/* >/dev/null` -- most if not all items in the list will be
symlinks created by the jre* packages at install time, without any
package tracking them.