[arch-general] java: cannot execute - too many levels of symbolic links

Thorsten Jolitz tjolitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:50:19 EDT 2014

Guillaume ALAUX <guillaume at archlinux.org> writes:

Hello,

> Guillaume here (packager of that "piece of crap" java-common).

I did not say that ...

> This issue and its fix were already reported here [0] and discussed on
> the forum here [1] several days ago.
>
> [0] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=186640
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41826

yes, I should have checked the forum first, I know ...

Would it be technically possible to have a kind or read-only Gmane group
that reflects all new posts in the forum as well as all new bug-reports?
Similar to systems that track new commits to a git repo or so - just
keep people informed about whats going on, bundling info from several
places in one single place?

In contrast to other groups/mailing lists, following the arch.general
group doesn't help very much in staying up to date with reported
problems or bugs.

--
cheers,
Thorsten