[arch-general] java: cannot execute - too many levels of symbolic links

Thorsten Jolitz tjolitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:16:56 EDT 2014

Guillaume ALAUX <guillaume at archlinux.org> writes:

> On 9 September 2014 10:50, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Would it be technically possible to have a kind or read-only Gmane group
>> that reflects all new posts in the forum as well as all new bug-reports?
>> Similar to systems that track new commits to a git repo or so - just
>> keep people informed about whats going on, bundling info from several
>> places in one single place?
>>
>> In contrast to other groups/mailing lists, following the arch.general
>> group doesn't help very much in staying up to date with reported
>> problems or bugs.

> About the "Gmane": that is another topic. You may want to start a new
> thread about that (FYI there already is on each package page, a link
> to the source files, commits and bug reports for this package along
> with a link to a search on the wiki – no link to the forum though)
> [0].
>
> [0] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/java-common/

I'm not active enough in the archlinux community to "demand" more
efficient information politics, so I prefer leaving this to others. As a
Emacs Gnus user I just think sometimes how nice it would be to subscribe
to an 'archlinux.activities' group on gmane and keep being updated on all
forum posts, all bug reports and maybe even all packages related actions
by following that list from Gnus.

It might be 3 different read-only gmane lists/groups too, for forum,
bugs, packages, the important thing would be to not having to leave my
newsreader to search in different (web)sites for current issues or
problems.

--
cheers,
Thorsten