[arch-general] Check for update in script

Savyasachee Jha savya.jha91 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:10:11 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Yamakaky <yamakaky at yamaworld.fr> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can't find a good way to check for available upgrades without touching
> the database, as running `pacman -Sy` without `u` isn't supported. Any idea
> ? Maybe a new pacman switch like "--upstreamdbpath" to toggle change the
> location of sync/ without touching local/ ?
>
> Why I need it :
> https://github.com/XavierBerger/RPi-Monitor/pull/57#issuecomment-55248969
>
> Yamakaky

It can certainly be done. You can always do a "pacman -Su" later, if you
want. In your use case, you can probably specify an alternative db path
using the --dbpath switch in pacman.

In this case, I believe RTFM is an appropiate response. :)

Hope it helps.

--
Savyasachee Jha

*"Aerodynamics is for people whodon't know how to build engines."*