[arch-general] Dell latitude and keyboard problem

Hyacinthe Cartiaux hyacinthe.cartiaux at free.fr
Fri Sep 12 05:36:54 EDT 2014

Hi,

Le mardi 09 septembre 2014, 23:02:18 Sławek Kapłoński a écrit :
> Yes, few minutes ago I was downgrade bios to A08 (previous version from
> dell.com for this model) and I will see what will happend.

Thanks for your feedback.

> I reported it to dell support now and I got new keyboard from dell but
> replacement didn't help me :/

I've also reported the problem to Dell and the technician proposed me to
downgrade to A05, the version certified by Canonical[0].
I hope it will solve my touchpad[1] and keyboard issues...

Btw, I've updated the wiki page for the e7440[2]

[0] http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201304-13408/
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1258837
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_Latitude_E7440

--