[arch-general] systemctl reboot

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:13:11 EDT 2014

Hi,

as user I have the permission to run  systemctl reboot  _without_ sudo.

$ groups
wheel games video audio optical storage power users vboxusers rocketmouse

$ sudo cat /etc/sudoers | grep -v "#" | grep " "
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
rocketmouse ALL=(ALL) ALL

1. How can I disable it?

2. Since I'm the only user I could live with it, but I anyway want to be
ask for a password, before I run the command by a menu entry.

Is anything speaking against running   gksudo systemctl reboot ?
Is anything speaking against running   gksudo -u some_user reboot ?

I don't think so, but I want to ensure that I don't miss something.

Again, I can execute it successfully without gksudo, I want to add
gksudo, because I want to be asked for the password.

Regards,
Ralf