[arch-general] systemctl reboot

Mateus Rodrigues Costa charles.costar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:30:07 EDT 2014

> Hi,
>
> as user I have the permission to run  systemctl reboot  _without_ sudo.
>
> $ groups
> wheel games video audio optical storage power users vboxusers rocketmouse
>
> $ sudo cat /etc/sudoers | grep -v "#" | grep " "
> root ALL=(ALL) ALL
> rocketmouse ALL=(ALL) ALL
>
> 1. How can I disable it?
>
> 2. Since I'm the only user I could live with it, but I anyway want to be
> ask for a password, before I run the command by a menu entry.
>
> Is anything speaking against running   gksudo systemctl reboot ?
> Is anything speaking against running   gksudo -u some_user reboot ?
>
> I don't think so, but I want to ensure that I don't miss something.
>
> Again, I can execute it successfully without gksudo, I want to add
> gksudo, because I want to be asked for the password.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

I think this is because your current session is the only session running.
In those situations systemctl power management commands don't ask for
root/sudo password. Not sure how to disable though.
If you had another session running (e.g. a VT) the commands would ask for
root/sudo password.

--
Mateus Rodrigues Costa