[arch-general] systemctl reboot

Mateus Rodrigues Costa charles.costar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:33:17 EDT 2014

> Systemd, of course, *would* ask for a password, if polkit (PolicyKit)
> weren't there.

Ah, thanks for pointing that. Anyway, is disabling the service enough or
does he need to uninstall the package completely?
I see that on my system polkit is a dependency for some packages, so it
might not be easy/recommended to simply uninstall it.

$ groups
> wheel games video audio optical storage power users vboxusers rocketmouse

Btw, I think systemd takes care of (and "replaces") some of these groups
and you don't need (and in some cases shouldn't) add your user to them
unless really needed.
You should take a look at the Groups page at the wiki about that.

$ sudo cat /etc/sudoers | grep -v "#" | grep " "
> root ALL=(ALL) ALL
> rocketmouse ALL=(ALL) ALL

Sorry for this one but, any reason you thought that you should create a
custom group instead of using the wheel group?
Also, if you are using that custom group for sudo, why is your user both in
that group and wheel?

--
Mateus Rodrigues Costa