[arch-general] Location of the pacman database

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 02:19:17 EDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014 1:02 AM, "Nowaker" <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Where is your data stored? /home? Or is it stored remotely?

It depends.

My server has its RAID arrays mounted for its data. My desktop on the other
hand basically just has /home for storage.

That is exactly what I need to back up.

> 2. How about downtimes? Do you do something about it, or just don't need
> HA? If you do, do you keep a different VM running before your new VM
> starts? (Then I guess you need remote data, so as to switch seamlessly)

My machines are not important enough for HA. Basically I just reboot when
there is any interesting upgrade in the new image.

Examining HA options would be interesting. CoreOS shows that it is possible.

Best Regards,
Tobias