[arch-general] A good time to switch to dash as /bin/sh?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 25 18:54:28 EDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 06:24 +0800, lolilolicon wrote:
> Anything that has the #!/bin/sh line should be written in pure sh.
> If you want bash, ask for bash.

I absolutely agree with your statement and that is why I don't care
about the sh link ;). IMO it's the useless link ever. My scripts ask for
dash or bash (and assumed I would use something else, then for this) and
just some old scripts use sh. Btw. if possible I try to write
dash-bash-compatible scripts, e.g. by using printf instead of echo.