[arch-general] A good time to switch to dash as /bin/sh?

Benjamin A. Shelton zancarius at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 07:30:29 UTC 2014

On 09/27/2014 01:28 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-09-27 at 01:21 -0600, Benjamin A. Shelton wrote:
>> I assumed NoExtract should have been enough
> Correct! Or are we missing something?

Oddly, using only NoExtract caused pacman to remove the usr/bin/sh
symlink, replacing it with nothing. (Using both NoUpgrade and NoExtract
seems to work fine.)

Perhaps it's a local oddity on my installation, but I admit I didn't
fiddle with it for more than 5 minutes. I very likely overlooked something.

...when all you have is a hammer...

Benjamin