[arch-general] Little automation to install

Mark Lee mark at markelee.com
Wed Apr 1 17:00:04 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, April 01, 2015 01:53:57 PM Bráulio Bhavamitra wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After some many years, I'm back to ArchLinux. One thing that took me time
> was to read the manuals and run all the commands for installation.
>
> That made me wonder on how automation might help things get easier and
> faster on install. Could you please tell the current works on that?
>
> The result of my work was this script:
> https://github.com/brauliobo/gitconfig/blob/master/histories/archinstall.sh
>
> cheers,
> bráulio

To Barulio,

Interesting; but Arch is insistent on KISS for the system as a priority. Your
script seems to specific to a particular wireless module (ath9k)  and still
requires some user interactions judging from your use of "nano".

You can direct pacman to a different mount point with the -r <mount-point>
option. That way you can edit a good deal of your new Arch Linux install
without chrooting into it.

Regards,
Mark