[arch-general] Kernel Module snd_seq_midi No Longer Inserted Automatically

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 9 07:36:21 UTC 2015

PPS:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:20:27 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 17:09:36 -0700, Steven Grace wrote:
>>"Today, all necessary modules loading is handled automatically by
>>udev..." but I haven't been able to find out *how* module loading is
>>done by udev.

It likely loads the modules needed for the connected hardware.
If you need additional modules:

>"Extra kernel modules to be loaded during boot are configured as a
>static list in files under /etc/modules-load.d/."
>
>$ ls -hAl /etc/modules-load.d/

If I connect a Korg nanoKONTROL additional sound modules get
automatically loaded.

$ sudo modprobe -r snd_usb_audio
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ lsmod | grep snd_usb
$

After connecting an USB MIDI device:
$ lsmod | grep snd_usb
snd_usb_audio         143298  0
snd_usbmidi_lib        20949  1 snd_usb_audio
[snip]