[arch-general] How to autostart ufw on system startup?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:39:50 UTC 2015

Hello!

How do I get ufw to start automatically upon Arch system startup?

The Arch wiki Uncomplicated Firewall pages says:
"Start ufw as systemd service to have it running and enable it to make it
available after boot. "

How do I do that?

Then it shows an example configuration (can't I just keep the default: deny
all incoming, allow all outgoing)?

Then it says:
"The next line is only needed *once* the first time you install the
package:

# ufw enable"

That does not seem to be true - I have to do "sudo ufw enable" every
time I restart the system.

Then, it says:
"Then enable the ufw service with systemctl."

How?

Bottom line: ufw works okay, I just want it to start automatically
when the system starts up.